Sunday, January 27, 2008

Ten Years Away

I would prefer not to think about where I am going to be in 10 years because where I would like to be is probably not realistically where I will end up. However, I am working hard to get an internship and my life may in fact, and hopefully will, end up how I dream it to be. So in order to get myself in the mood to write this, I just illegally downloaded and am watching The Fabulous Life of Billion Dollar Wall Street Ballers which was made by VH1. I figure there could be 2 possible scenarios for my life at this point:

A) 10 years from now I will be 30 years old. I see myself living in a suburb of New York City, such as Greenwich, Connecticuit. I will be be recently retired from a stressful Wall Street job and hopefully will still have my hair. I will likely own a yacht and many vacation houses in tropical areas. I will probably run a small hedge fund out of my house to keep myself busy and continue to support my lifestyle. I would love to be neighbors with many of my friends and family members. I would spend a lot of time at their houses and have them over often because I really enjoy the company of friends and family. That is probably the thing that I would want the most and would make me the happiest, however unrealistic it seems. I will have worked nonstop for the previous 10 years and would be ready to settle down at this point and therefore will probably have a girlfriend/fiance living with me. Everyone, including the 2 dogs I own would enjoy the water slides that go from the house into the pool. The dogs would also be trained to wakeboard. I would have recently purchased a sports franchise and be in the process of learning how to take on as many active roles as I could. I would also fly my private jet down to attend Clemson sporting events as often as I could. I would have many unnecessary and expensive material possessions such as cars and a zamboni for my ice rink and appear in an episode of MTV Cribs or The Fabulous Life of Billion Dollar Wall Street Ballers IV.

B) If I do not immediately become rich, I will be living in a city in the Northeast working a job related to investments. I will work hard and actively invest money in my spare time. In another 10 years i would be living as I would have in scenario A, with the addition of a wife and kids.

No comments: