Saturday, February 9, 2008

Interviewing

This blog topic is especially helpful to me because I have an interview scheduled with Suntrust on Tuesday and possibly a phone interview with Bank of America on Wednesday (I was accepted to interview but they dropped me because they let too many people sign up). I am a little nervous for these interviews and I was actually looking at websites for tips before I looked at this weeks blog entry topic. Two of the articles that I believe will be especially helpful to me and that I will write about are, "Phone Interviews: Tips to Get Called Back" and "Six Common Job-Interview Questions."

The first article about Phone Interviews was very helpful. It stated the obvious about not being in a room with distractions, but I like the idea of dressing professionally for the interview even though they can't see you. I definitely think wearing a suit will help me sound more confident and professional on the phone. I also like the idea of smiling and standing up. I feel that this will also come across through the phone as increased confidence. I am skeptical about closing my eyes while listening during the interview however. I do agree that practice makes perfect and I should practice with a friend before the interview.

The second article about the common interview questions was decent. I liked the tip to include"how you have improved, and specifics on what you have done to improve yourself in those areas" when asked about your weaknesses. The tips for the other questions all basically say to provide specific examples in your past to explain the answer. I totally agree but I wish more detailed and insightful information was given.

No comments: