Sunday, March 23, 2008

Honest Abe

This article addresses a topic that I have been wondering a lot about recently. I know that many people lie on their resumes, however I did not realize that 50% of all people lie. This makes me feel that I must lie on mine in order to get a job because it is a very competitive world out there. I can't help but to compare this to baseball and the steroids problem it had. If a few people decide to take steroids to cheat and gain an advantage, everyone else must also cheat in order to keep up. I wish that no one would lie on their resumes but of course this will never happen. This will then leave me with the decision to be honest or join the group that is lying in order to be the top candidate that is selected for a job. As of now I am honest with my credentials on my resume and hopefully I will remain honest throughout my career, but who knows what the future will hold.

No comments: